Search This Blog

"My favorite thing is to go where I have never gone." - Diane Arbus

21 September 2008


I have to admit, I absolutely LOVE planning a travel itinerary, specially to destinations I've never been before. While I have been to London and Bath in previous trips, this will be my first time in Edinburgh and York, so I am particularly excited to tour Edinburgh Castle, dilly-dally down the Royal Mile, board the Britannia, ask what do people actually wear under that kilt, hike along the top of the wall that surrounds the medieval city of York and listen to an evensong in the gothic York Minster church. I also hope to get lost while walking the streets and alleys in the beautiful Georgian city of Bath, hop on and hop off London double-deck buses, and languidly enjoy the amazing views from a London Eye capsule again.

The details (accommodations, train schedules, list of sights to see, how many days/nights to stay in one place, packing, etc.) can be tedious and daunting to some, I on the other hand, revel in it. I like to call it a natural high from almost unnatural circumstances. I get a kick plain and simple. (It just occurred to me that I wouldn't mind planning/assisting other people with their travel plans either HA!)

After putting a trip together, I scribble on my notes, in large letters: "Plans subject to change without prior notice, be prepared. Have fun being resourceful and creative when shit hits the fan!" :)

0 comments: