Search This Blog

Traveling light and being able to travel even lighter...

09 November 2011

I am in awe and admiration of bicycle travelers. They need to travel light and be very efficient with what they carry with them. I've been trying to learn how to travel as lightly as possible every since my first backpacking trip to Europe over a decade and a half ago. While my back can no longer suffer efficient use of hiking/camping packs (the type backpackers are stereotyped with), I've been able to rock a 15 lbs-or-less rollable-carry-on case (which incidentally finally lost it's wheels after 4 month-long independent traveler trips in the past 4 years... here's hoping REI has a bag sale soon! LOL).

This image was taken at the tiny Rothenburg (Germany) train station with my Lensbaby Composer (I tried to keep the selective focus on the bike packs).

I managed to strike a conversation with the bike travelers and walked away with a desire to ride with them someday.

Copyright: Joel A. Marbella

0 comments: