Search This Blog

Travel Souvenirs

10 November 2011

Germany-Austria-Czech Republic Handcrafted Travel Souvenirs. While I don't collect travel souvenirs bigger than lapel pins anymore, I do enjoy photographing the ones I convince myself not to buy LOL. However, I did pay for two items you see on this photo collage, but neither of them were for me. Can you tell me which ones? ;)

What kind of travel souvenirs do you allow yourself? Do you really enjoy collecting them, or are they just mementos to remind you (dare I suggest "others"? LOL) of where you've been? When I first started traveling, I bought embroidered patches (made in China) of cities/countries I've visited to sew on my "backpacker" bag and magnets (made in China) to adorn my refrigerator door...and guess what, I've never been to China! (I don't count Hong Kong or Guangzhou. LOL, the souvenirs on this collage are handcrafted in the region I visited). I was driven to collect patches and magnets to triumphantly announce to the whole world where I've been! ... But the backpack stopped accompanying me on trips, and magnets don't adhere to stainless steel refrigerator doors, and travel has become more of a personal journey of introspection.

I am afraid though that many of the lapel pins I own ARE made in China *facepalm*

0 comments: