Search This Blog

POSTCARD: Where Did All the Pigeons Go?!

21 October 2009


Where Did All the Pigeons Go?! Trafalgar Square, London. I remember a lot more pigeons the last time I visited Trafalgar Square, perhaps it was the season (summer instead of fall). Trafalgar Square is one of my favorite spots in all of London, there's just so much energy, from the fountains to the horde of people to the drone and rumblings of the London cabs and double-deck buses weaving around the area (it's like a big rotunda/roundabout); and then there's Lord Admiral Nelson on his tall column overlooking it all. This time around I was drawn to the spraying fountains. It's a great place to decompress before or after your visit to the National Gallery (upper right)... I just realized, I don't remember seeing any bird seed salesmen!

0 comments: