Search This Blog

Is My Glass Half-Full or is it Half-Empty?

30 October 2008

It has been a couple of weeks since I returned from my most recent trip to the U.K. When I first started this exercise, the goal was that "my journal makes it all the way back with me, and I return with a mostly filled notebook and a well-maintained online diary." Well my journal made it all the way back, and I have an account of my entire stay in the U.K. Unfortunately, I was not able to maintain this online diary as religiously as I did my paper journal. There were several reasons that accounted for this inconsistency, like returning to the hotel room late at night and the need to wake up early the next day, or returning too tired to log on the internet, or the internet not conveniently available. I think for me, the biggest hindrance to maintaining a current online travel diary is that I felt emotionally spent, having previously chronicled the days events and experiences on my notebook, I no longer had the energy to do it all again, even if all I had to do was type what I had already written by hand. OR maybe, I just didn't try hard enough!

Did I fail by not completing both goals? Some may argue that since I had everything down in my notebook, I can easily come back and type everything when things quiet down. On the other hand, aren't travel blogs supposed to be current and regular while you are still on your journey (not after)? Should I just publish what is in my journal to this online diary and think little of the lack of punctuality? Am I vacillating on a non-issue?!! *ugh* Perhaps I just need to drink from that glass to clear my head...

0 comments: