Search This Blog

The Longest Night...

09 November 2007

Somewhere over the Pacific Ocean

I've traveled westward over the Pacific Ocean numerous times before, but it still unsettles me that whenever I look out the plane window during these trips, it's nighttime. 16 hours straight on a plane and everytime you look outside, it is dark. If I may describe it with one of the most overused words in the English dictionary, I would almost describe it as 'surreal'. LOL. The irony (if you can call it that) is that leaving stateside in the evening and arriving anywhere in Asia in the morning, is probably the most efficient and least jet laggy itinerary you can find. My most memorable 16 hours or so of night, was when I flew to New Zealand on New Year's Eve. For that flight, imagine 16 hours of free-flowing champagne. Talk about "surreal" :)

0 comments: